Your electrical energy and gas meter can be moved if you need it to. Some of the reasons for wanting a gas meter relocated include:
- You are constructing an extension on your household
- You are upgrading your driveway
- The position of your present meter is unsafe
- Your meter is unreachable
- You want to fit a payment meter
The things you want to deliberate will be outlined in this item, accompanied by how to go about making changes to or moving your meter.
Precisely how to Get Your Meter Moved
Contact your electrical energy and gas provider. They will provide you a quote for exactly how much it will cost for your meter to be relocated.
Does Your Supplier Need To Do The Work?
Your provider may be required to complete some parts of the labour. This is entitled non-contestable work. Contestable labour refers to the work that can be carried out by a different registered gas engineer or electrician.
Here are some guidelines to understand if the labour can be done cheaper:
- Get the costs for the non-contestable and contestable labour from your provider
- Have extra independent workers quote for the contestable labour
- See who is cheaper by likening the amount provided by your provider and the independent
Your provider may want to review and approve any labour done by an independent. Therefore it’s vital that you check with them initially.
Do You Need To Pay To Have Your Meter Moved?
The meter move must be funded and prearranged by the landlord of the property.
You might be able to have your meter relocated for free if you find it hard to access it and you are on your energy provider’s Priority Services Register.
For additional information about moving gas and electrical energy meters, please visit www.crownenergy.co.uk