As you buy a home from the builder you need to be sure that it did everything in a proper way so that you are satisfied and properly serviced. Company size is not something that is important when you make a choice. What counts is to know exactly what should be offered so that you can choose a home builder that would deliver a home that is great for you.
The home builder and its staff have to be:
- Upfront And Open – Proper communication, trust and honesty are always necessary.
- Efficient And Prompt – Realistic timelines should be provided.
- Knowledgeable – The home builders need to be knowledgeable.
- Interested In Your Needs – The builders that are customer oriented are going to work with you and for you.
When First Visiting Model Homes Or Sales Offices
During this moment the builder has to:
- Be genuinely interested in the housing wants and needs you have, including size, price range, timing, features and more.
- Arrange a tour or offer highly detailed descriptions about the homes.
- Offer important knowledge about area and development. This includes profiles of people that bought till then, features, amenities, shopping, transportation and schools.
- Highlight company approach related to finishing and design, including all the opportunities that are available for customization.
- Give you information that can be taken home to make a good decision.
When You Are Ready To Buy
As you are ready to make a buying commitment, home builders should:
- Offer clear explanations about the whole process, including who has responsibility for various steps of the building process, warranty and after-sales services.
- Not pressure the client into making a buying decision.
- Offer detailed contract in writing.
- Offer a contact that is always going to promptly return messages while not being busy.
- Deliver what was promised.
- Offer regular home building progress updates.
When The Home Is Completed
The home builder should always:
- Offer detailed orientation tours as possession is taken or before the home is finished in order for you to be able to explain. At the same time, the builder needs to explain how all works.
- Tell you exactly what should be expected during the first year while scheduling check-ups and contacts.
- Tell you exactly what is covered through the warranty, together with duration and after-sales service requests.
- Talk to you in order to learn about the experiences you had while working with the home builder and the satisfaction you had in order to know exactly what was done right and where improvement is necessary.
On the whole, working with the home builder is basically all about communication. It is really important that the builder offers all the data that you need without trying to avoid any subject. Have patience and consider all the builders that are within your current budget range. If you hurry or you simply opt for the cheapest possible option it is a certainty that huge problems are going to appear since the builder you choose is not going to be able to offer exactly what you need and want.